issues in epic timetracking

Arman Kurmanay June 16, 2016

I have an epic, includes subtasks and issues. Epic have a timetracking, but it counts only subtasks. What I can do to count issues in epic's timetracking?

5 answers

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

The behaviour is right. You have an option to include the time tracking for subtasks, since they are the children of the epic.

But, the issues shown under the section 'issues in Epic' are the linked issues connected with the JIRA issue link relationship. They cannot be considered while calculating the Epic's time tracking.

If required, you need to introduce a scripted field to set the right time tracking considering the Issues in Epic. But, you won't get an option as 'include issues' as it is available for 'include subtasks' in time tracking.

Arman Kurmanay June 17, 2016

I need to count total time of all tasks in the epic... You mean that it is impossible?)

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2016

It is possible if we write a script. Basically the script should take the time tracking of all issues in epic, aggregate and set it in the time tracking of Epic.

And the time tracking of subtasks can be aggregated as an optional with the checkbox as it is.

Ok, so if I don't know jql and how to write a script, it's impossible for me. Am I right? sad

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2016

Haha.. Not very true! Groovy is simple actually and you can learn soon. smile If you couldn't, I can assist you this time. 

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this problem...
This is a very urgent matter

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2016

Your issues in Epic are related to the Epic with the Epic link. right?

In the second screenshot you can see issue from an epic. It have link to epic 123 (epic link) in brown colour. I think that it is a relation? I'm sorry, I am beginner in JIRA :|

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2016

Yeah. you are right.

Arman Kurmanay July 1, 2016

Hey my friend))) have you any great news for me?)

Arman Kurmanay July 13, 2016

Mahesh S...

0 votes

I'm sorry for the delay

Here're screenshots of epic and issue from this epic

scr201606172.pngscr201606173.pngscr201606171.png

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

Please Open an issue and let me know the relationship of issue with the epic. Is there a issue link?

0 votes
Arman Kurmanay June 16, 2016

Hmmm... it displays like "issues in epic". I think that it's not linked issues

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2016

Issues are connected with Epic as a linked issue and Subtasks are direct subtasks. Am I right?

Suggest an answer