issues in epic timetracking

I have an epic, includes subtasks and issues. Epic have a timetracking, but it counts only subtasks. What I can do to count issues in epic's timetracking?

5 answers

0 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 16, 2016

Issues are connected with Epic as a linked issue and Subtasks are direct subtasks. Am I right?

Hmmm... it displays like "issues in epic". I think that it's not linked issues

0 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 16, 2016

Please Open an issue and let me know the relationship of issue with the epic. Is there a issue link?

I'm sorry for the delay

Here're screenshots of epic and issue from this epic

scr201606172.pngscr201606173.pngscr201606171.png

0 votes
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 17, 2016

The behaviour is right. You have an option to include the time tracking for subtasks, since they are the children of the epic.

But, the issues shown under the section 'issues in Epic' are the linked issues connected with the JIRA issue link relationship. They cannot be considered while calculating the Epic's time tracking.

If required, you need to introduce a scripted field to set the right time tracking considering the Issues in Epic. But, you won't get an option as 'include issues' as it is available for 'include subtasks' in time tracking.

I need to count total time of all tasks in the epic... You mean that it is impossible?)

It is possible if we write a script. Basically the script should take the time tracking of all issues in epic, aggregate and set it in the time tracking of Epic.

And the time tracking of subtasks can be aggregated as an optional with the checkbox as it is.

Ok, so if I don't know jql and how to write a script, it's impossible for me. Am I right? sad

Haha.. Not very true! Groovy is simple actually and you can learn soon. smile If you couldn't, I can assist you this time. 

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this problem...
This is a very urgent matter

Your issues in Epic are related to the Epic with the Epic link. right?

In the second screenshot you can see issue from an epic. It have link to epic 123 (epic link) in brown colour. I think that it is a relation? I'm sorry, I am beginner in JIRA :|

Yeah. you are right.

Hey my friend))) have you any great news for me?)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

928 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot