issue type description showing error

nidhis October 30, 2015

30-10-2015 14-12-23.pngHi Team,

I am trying to find an issue in JIRA but no luck.

I have two JIRA instances , in one of them, once I am trying to create an issue, it is showing a message below the issue type field as "Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations." but with exactly same configurations it is not showing in another instance, I have checked workflow, field configurations are fine. Not sure why it is showing this message, we need to delete it. Please suggest Same workflow is associated with all issue types in project but field configuration is different as few fields are different, I can not user same field configuration  please suggest

Regards, Nidhi

2 answers

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

@nidhi sharma

I agree with @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Please verify field configurations and workflows

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

It's showing because you have different schemes set for one or more issue types in the project.

You might have checked workflow and field configuration schemes, but did you go down to the issue levels with these for the TRPA project?  I bet you will find you have two or more workflows and/or field configs in use in the project.

nidhis October 31, 2015

Yes we are using different workflow and field configuration. but it is being used in another instance also the same way, there it is not showing this issue, why it is showing here?

Its being used according to requirement so i can not change it, any solution?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2015

Right, you have different workflows and field configs, so it's asking. I suspect that in your other system, whilst you are using the same workflow and field config, you're using the *same* ones.

Suggest an answer