issue.reporterid different than username?

Cole Adams April 28, 2017

I have one user that has a issue.reporterid that is different than their username. All others have the same for both. These users are synced to Active Directory. Why would this be happening and can I change it? It is messing up my scripting.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

Maybe there are two users with the same name but different user id? And the issue is reported by the wrong one?

When you hover over the reporter, is it showing the profile of the user you want? And does it have the correct username in the link?

Yes, when I hover over it it is correct. The profile shows the correct username, but if I look at it in Jiraissue in the database it has a different value in the reporter column, which is the reporterid.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

There is a userkey and a username for each user. User key remains constant but the username changes when the user is renamed. Is that what happened in this case? 

I am not sure. These users are synced from Active Directory. Is there a way to change a userkey?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2017

user key is what is referred in all the other tables. So, you have to be careful if you change it in the DB. Look for tables that refer the user key. There is no other easy way to do that in the user interface.

Suggest an answer