issue regarding import through CLI plugin

Barnali Putatunda May 26, 2016

Hi,

I am trying to import issue through CSV import using CLI plugin. I used the command:

atlassian jira --action runFromCsv --file importLink.csv --propertyFile import.properties --common "--project SWDEV" --continue

But it is not working. Can anyone please suggest how I can make it working.

Regards,

Barnali

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

This was asked and answer here: JCLI-968.

0 votes
kolusu May 27, 2016

Hi ,  were you able to resolve the issue ? 

Also can you please share the sample code for running the above commands. 

Do we need to have JIRA SDK in the JIRA host server to run the above commands or JDK is enough.

Thanks ,

0 votes
Anere Goodness May 26, 2016

Just from the top of my head, try this. Note: I've not tested, but let me know if it works for you. Please run it in a test environment first. All the best. 

-a runFromCSV --file "yourissuelistfile.csv" --common "-a runFromList" --server "yourjiraurl" --user "youradminusername" --password "youradminpassword"

Note: you should probably add the project too like --project "YOURPROJECT" as well, sorry missed this part

Barnali Putatunda May 27, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried it & got the below error:

Client error: File not found: D:\Atlassian\JIRA\cli-ui\importLink.csv

Do I need to keep the file in the mentioned location in server or putting the file in my local system would be enough.

I kept in my local & it did not work.

Another question I have, will this feature work only for users who have Admin access.

Regards,

Barnali

Anere Goodness May 27, 2016

That file needs to be in that directory of your JIRA server. As for admin access, I prefer to use the admin account so I won't miss out on any issues with permission restrictions that normal user accounts will usually have, so it depends on what you want and your JIRA instance project setup 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events