is there any certification atlassian certification

Mamatha Khadari June 26, 2016

Hi ,

Iam interested in doing the Atlassian certification. Can anyone please guide me in this respect. What are the material or what areas i should refer to be certified.

Thanks

Mamatha.K

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

Start with https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification - you'll want to read through all of it to make sure you catch everything you'll need to study, and there are subject area guides in each exam area.

2 votes
Arun_Thundyill_Saseendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

The Atlassian Certification was started very recently. It mainly focuses on the JIRA Core v6.4 and v7.1. Since it is a new certification, the difficulty level is slightly high, a working knowledge alone will not be sufficient to solve the exam. You will need to memorize the menus, usage and terminologies in detail to crack the exam.

As said by @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], you can start with https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification.

Also there is a discussion happening on this Linkedin JIRA community. Possibly you can read through https://www.linkedin.com/groups/117832/117832-6115610544004231168

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

I passed without memorising any of the menus.

But I'd agree on knowing the terminology.  If you looked through my old answers on this site, you'll often find me asking people to explain when they've used unclear terminology - "resolution status" is the worst one, as you always need to explain that resolution and status are totally separate fields.  People refer to tickets without explaining if they mean "issues" or "issue type of ticket", use random words for project, issue, fields, screens, schemes etc (the word "mask" has been misused for all five of those in June alone, and it turned out to mean "default config" in one case)

I'd also point out that "usage" is what the certification is all about.  It's checking that you know how to use the system and configure it well

And yes, they're hard.  The writers actually wanted to make them more difficult, as they didn't think they were testing people enough, given the scenarios they'd run into with administrators not really knowing what they were doing.  They're going to remain at that difficulty level as well, the whole point is that you need to know your stuff!

Like saba.khan likes this
1 vote
Nathan Matsushima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

The previous responders are all pointing out great advice. You can check out the docs below which cover the exam topics.

To prepare, we have an online recorded class that covers exam prep. To learn more about that, go to this page.

If you have any other specific questions, please ask away here, or reach out to us at certification@atlassian.com!

Cheers,

Nathan

0 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi,

You can check out our blog post on how to get certified, it is a step-by-step guide that  highlights the key aspects of the Atlassian certification process.

Suggest an answer