is there a support desk?

Hugh Meagher August 23, 2016

Is there a support desk that I can log a call with and talk to someone? I have being trying to install a plugin in on JIRA Server. I previously installed this plugin on the cloud. I cannot get past the "Request" plugin option to install it.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Only if you have "premium" support.  Otherwise, raise it at https://support.atlassian.com

Or tell us a bit more about the issue here, and we can try to help.

However... "I have being trying to install a plugin in on JIRA Server. I previously installed this plugin on the cloud." - Cloud add-ons, for the most part, do not work for Server.  Unless the vendor has provided an add-on for both Server and Cloud, it's not going to work.

Hugh Meagher August 23, 2016

When using the find add-on function the add-ons are listed with only a "Request" button unlike the "Free Trial" button on the Cloud version. Furthermore the Cloud version has an option to under the "Manage Add-On" to "Upload Add-on"

I am logged in as an administrator and cannot find any method of turning off the "Request" feature on the add ons section.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

The request option pokes your admin and asks them to install it, it doesn't do anything with the add-on. 

Cloud has "upload" for Connect add-ons, it won't accept Server add-ons (and vice-versa for server)

There is a way to turn off the request, you can disable the module that provides it, I think.

Suggest an answer