is it possible to not allow non-admin users to edit Tempo Accounts Custom Field?

Tempo Accounts Custom Field is editable for all users by default. Is there any way to restrict the edit for some user group ?

1 answer

Hi Vyacheslav

Yes, you can configure this via JIRA project permissions. If you remove the Edit Issue permission from certain users or groups they will not be able to edit the Account Custom Field.

Best regards,

Heiða

Tempo

Unfortunately, it is not our case, that users/group must have edit permission (for example, edit bug description, typo in task name, update due date, etc). It is required to restrict only tempo account custom field edit.

Hi Vyacheslav

Currently it is not possible to restrict this by other means then through the JIRA Edit Issue permission. This function has been requested in: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMAC-338

Please vote, follow and comment on this issue to contribute to it moving forward.

Best regards,

Heiða

Tempo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,369 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you