increase max jira search results

Antigone K April 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel

I need to show ALL issues in an export, which is currently about 13000 issues, but the JQL filter is limited to 1000 returns. how do I show ALL issues? thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 21, 2016

If you're up against a deadline and don't have time to learn any better approach, just split the report. Use Project not in () to remove a few of the largest projects, then Project in () to get only those. Export both results and then merge them in Excel.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2016

Bear in mind that the limit is there for a very good reason - large exports damage performance and can even crash it.  If anything, it's worth reducing the limit to discourage people breaking stuff.

It's a far better approach to look at why you want to do a huge export - there's almost always going to be a much better solution to what you're trying to do.

I'd love to know what these other solutions are then!

basically we need a report of all issues, their types, project, and dates created and resolved so that we can graph out the number of specific issue types (specifically bugs) as a percentage of the project's workload, and how long, on average, each issue type takes to resolve.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2016

Dashboard gadgets can answer most of those.  Failing that, there's plenty of reporting add-ons which will tell you.  (Also bear in mind that around 90% of spreadsheets tend to be basically wrong)

ty! I'll look into those for next time as our immediate need is, uh, more immediate than a plug-in can be tested and installed for us.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2016

Also JIRA agile boards have some useful control chart reports

thanks! my skills aren't quite up to snuff for 13,000 issues across more than 100 projects though.

:: sigh :: time for a crash course!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events