increase max jira search results

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel

I need to show ALL issues in an export, which is currently about 13000 issues, but the JQL filter is limited to 1000 returns. how do I show ALL issues? thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If you're up against a deadline and don't have time to learn any better approach, just split the report. Use Project not in () to remove a few of the largest projects, then Project in () to get only those. Export both results and then merge them in Excel.

Bear in mind that the limit is there for a very good reason - large exports damage performance and can even crash it.  If anything, it's worth reducing the limit to discourage people breaking stuff.

It's a far better approach to look at why you want to do a huge export - there's almost always going to be a much better solution to what you're trying to do.

I'd love to know what these other solutions are then!

basically we need a report of all issues, their types, project, and dates created and resolved so that we can graph out the number of specific issue types (specifically bugs) as a percentage of the project's workload, and how long, on average, each issue type takes to resolve.

Dashboard gadgets can answer most of those.  Failing that, there's plenty of reporting add-ons which will tell you.  (Also bear in mind that around 90% of spreadsheets tend to be basically wrong)

ty! I'll look into those for next time as our immediate need is, uh, more immediate than a plug-in can be tested and installed for us.

Also JIRA agile boards have some useful control chart reports

thanks! my skills aren't quite up to snuff for 13,000 issues across more than 100 projects though.

:: sigh :: time for a crash course!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

200 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you