include external jira project into my Jira

Björn Kristoffersson August 22, 2016

Hello!

I am working on a project that involves three different embedded systems and a PC interface to control them. Everything is very tightly connected and all the 4 different products communicates with eachother, therefore we only have one board for all 4 projects.

Some time ago I was asked by our client to integrate another embedded system in the control interface. The new embedded system is developed by another company and they to have their own JIRA server.

What I would like to do is to create a project in either one of the two JIRA servers that can be viewed and controlled from both our and their JIRA server. Do anyone now how that is accomplished?

I would preferably also connect the pc interface codebase in Bitbucket to the shared JIRA project.

This is a mockup of the project structure described above.

Shared PC - interface
                 (project shared over two JIRA Servers)
               /                                 \
              /                                   \
My embeeded systems               Other companies embeeded systems 
(My JIRA Server)                         (Other companies JIRA Server) 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2016

You'll need to set up a project mirroring system really - so that changes in one project on one server are replicated over to a similar project on the other.  This can be a vastly complex thing to do, depending on how much you want to mirror and how the projects are configured.  I have done it in the past, with scripts, listeners and post-functions that used soap to update issues remotely, but I wouldn't have called it comprehensive - we were mirroring simple updates, and few fields.

Recently though, K15t released a product that can do most of it for you, and works with Cloud.  Have a look at https://www.k15t.com/software/backbone-issue-sync

Suggest an answer