It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

if i release a version on my kanban board, can i reference these tickets later?

Lynzi Cashman Jun 02, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 02, 2016

Not sure what you mean by "reference", but all that happens to the issues is that they get stamped with a version which is then released.  A Kanban board (usually) excludes issues in released versions from view, but it is just a view of data - the issues are all there to be searched and used as normal in JIRA (and you can get them on boards too, if you drop the "exclude released versions) rule)

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages Jun 02, 2016

Yes. "Release" creates a version, applies it to the Fix Version/s field of all these issues and sets the version to Released with the current date. If you filter by Fix Version, you'll get the list of issues for any given release.

0 votes
Lynzi Cashman Jun 02, 2016

Great!  This was very helpful!  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

774 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you