i saw lot of mails are dumping into error queue ??

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

Please guys tell me permanent solution for this problem.

10 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Thanks Nic. Yogesh good luck!

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

thanks,

i will go through that article and try to sort out that problem.

Shyam October 4, 2020

Hi @Yogesh Mude[Jir  - What was resolution worked for you?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016
0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Yes Nic, we are using Gmail server for sending mails.

and one more thing is, is that problem was occur due to the sending mail limits per day of Gmail server??

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

Right, well that's the problem.

Are you using gmail as the server?  That is the usual culprit, although other email servers can be configured to do the same.

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

Hi Nic,

first of all thanks for your suggestions.

recently i saw outgoing mail log file their i can find :  javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 454 4.7.0 Too many login attempts, please try again later. this error.

When i edit the test mail and test the connection that time it gives me above error and if i log out and login JIRA then i tried to test connection then it shows connection successful msg.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2016

Steven's suggestion of a restart is to help you debug it, and get the queue restarted for this one incident.  It's not a permanent fix.

You really do need to read the application log to find out what is going on, as well as the logs generated by the debug flags you've set in your first comment. 

Have a look at the first "stuck" email in the queue and examine the log for that point.  And after the restart look through the log from start to where it's active and working looking for any warnings and errors on related to email.

We can't give you any solution until we've worked out what the actual problem is, and the logs are your best way to find that out.

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

When i restart the JIRA then all mails are gone but after some time it keeps on going to increase added into error queue only.

restarting JIRA every time its not the solution.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

Have you tried to restart the JIRA application? What is the application log say?

This is a community forum, not a support tool.

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

I increased JVM Memory size as well as enable Outgoing/Incoming mails debug from Logging and Profiling then also it does not solve.

Guys, is there any permanent solution on it , pls help me here to sort out this problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events