how to visually plan Epic in different version?

jane chen October 17, 2016

I like the Kanban board to visually move Epic in different status, which is good for Epic operation. can I do the similar thing when I want to plan Epic into different versions? like in Kanban board or any other view available in JIRA? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

I'm afraid the question is unclear on what you're trying to do.  You can set a version on an Epic if the version field is on Epics, but I'm not sure what the rest of it might be.

jane chen October 18, 2016

Hi Nic, thanks for your answer.

I mean we can move Epic into different kanban board column to update the status. Is there any way to move Epic between different version in Kanban board or other similar way? this can help assign "version" in a graphic way and more efficiently, instead of edit each Epic and assign "version"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

Version and status are very different things - there's a whole workflow engine behind status.

Anyway, no, there's no way to drag epics into versions, I'm afraid you have to do it in the issue view, by editing the epic and simply adding the version.

Although, the Canvas add-on should be able to do this, I think.

Suggest an answer