how to use scriptrunner builtin script

mnpiad October 13, 2016

Hello,

I just installed Trail version of scriprunner plugin in JIRA 7.2  server. How to use the built in script ?

i  wanted to check if one of the field1 value=yes than filed2 should be mandatory in the same screen.

I did not find any good documentation on how to use the scriptrunner.

under Adminstrator--Addons–Scriptrunner i see script console , Built in script etc  but the question is how to use the built in scripts in my JIRA project/workflow

Any help appreciated

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2016

You will likely want to use a Behaviour rather than one of the built-in workflow scripts.  Here is the documentation for The Behaviours Overview.  There is also this example, Make a field writable only if..., that looks like it may be a good starting point for you as it shows how to set the Target Field as Required based on criteria.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

You cannot make a field mandatory from an issue edit screen or through in-line edit of issue view screen. Such validations can be set on in a workflow transition. Use simple scripted validation in the workflow to check the field one during a transition and set the field two mandatory. Please refer this. https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.4/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events