how to sort on priority?

Mathijs Groen February 8, 2016
  1. I log in to JIRA Dashboardhttps://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
  2. I click on Open issues /  All Issues
  3. The list of All open issues is displayed. I want to sort this list on Priority (Minor/Major)

how to achieve this?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Hi Mathijs,

just click on the column header of the priority column.

Thomas

Thank you Thomas, for your answer.

I had to switch from detailed view to list view, to be able to click on the column.

Like Michael Keywood likes this
Jack Lysaght June 27, 2019

Is it possible to add the icon for the priority once you've sorted this way?

4 votes
Roman Gaufman April 9, 2019

None of these seem to work in the cloud version in 2019? - Any solution?

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

Try this JQL:

order by priority ASC
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

If you want to reverse the ordering, remove the word ASC.

where do I write this code?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2016

1.- Click on Issues > Search for issues  (or through this URL: https://YOURS.atlassian.net/issues)

2.- Click on the link 'Advanced' and the field in which you can enter that code will appear.

3.- Copy & paste the JQL code a press Enter.

The advanced mode allows more search options than the Basic mode, but requires to know the syntax. It is recommended to learn the advanced mode capabilities, as it enables functions not executable through the basic mode.

You can switch back to the Basic mode by clicking on the link 'Basic', on the same spot where the 'Advanced' link was being displayed before.

Like rafaelvol likes this
Mathijs Groen February 9, 2016

Thanks

David Howard (I am on Slack) August 24, 2018

This isn't working for me.  It seems that 'blocker' is under 'critical' for me.  

MANISHA KAUSHIK May 26, 2020

Hello @Ignacio_Pulgar,

For me Medium Priority is coming even after Least Critical Priority. It is happening in Issue Navigator. Even if I try the same in my dashboard, it is not working.

Could you please help me here.

Best Regards,

Manisha

0 votes
Greg Carino September 17, 2020

We have a next-gen Kanban board but do not have the priority dropdown that TheAnh_Le has in the screenshot. Any ideas?

Desmond Mark June 6, 2021

Hello , the option is there! All you need to do is Click on the "Created" drop down menu and choose the selecting to "Priority" its simple.

Attaching both the screenshots for reference.

InkedScreenshot 2021-06-07 114038_LI.jpgInkedScreenshot 2021-06-07 114135_LI.jpg

Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks,

0 votes
TheAnh Le April 29, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 21.39.40.png

Greg Carino September 17, 2020

We have a next-gen Kanban board but do not have the priority dropdown that TheAnh_Le has in the screenshot. Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events