how to revoke unexpected deleted user from jira ? Please help on this

Ajay October 1, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2016

I have to agree with Nic; the question isn't clear enough to understand what you are asking.  Here are my guesses:

1. You accidentally deleted a user.  Since JIRA does not let you do this once the user has done anything "interesting" like report an issue or comment on one, this is unlikely to be important; just create a new user for them.
  2. You accidentally disabled a user.  This is not permanent; just edit the user's properties and re-enable them by unchecking the "disabled" checkbox.
  3. You accidentally created the wrong user.  Well... delete them.  If you can't delete them because they already did something "interesting", then disable them by editing the user and checking the "disabled" checkbox.
  4. You are using an LDAP directory and the user was accidentally deleted from LDAP and so has been deleted or disabled within JIRA.  If you are using LDAP for authentication, then obviously you will have to recreate the user in LDAP for them to be able to exist in JIRA again.  Depending on the LDAP configuration, JIRA may or may not recognize the recreated user as being the "same" user; it may create a new user to represent them instead.  This has to do with the user's "external ID" and is not something I'm very familiar with, but maybe that's enough to get you started?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2016

I'm afraid that does not make sense.

Are you trying to remove a user or re-activate one who was deleted?

Suggest an answer