how to remove content and user from jira/confluence/stash

Rob Kooper April 15, 2016

I have a few users that added spam to my confluence/jira, is there an easy way to remove these users as well as all the content they have created?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2016

There is no automated way to do this in JIRA (i'm not sure on the Confluence part). In fact, when you try to delete an account in JIRA and they have created issues or have comments on issues, it will not allow you to proceed. So you will have to perform a cleanup first (delete all issues/comments associated to that account).

Rob Kooper April 15, 2016

Any way to add this as an admin ability. This is especially important to me if there is a spammer that signed up and added 50 - 100 new issues to JIRA and comments on random issues.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Deactivate that account first (setting it to Inactive) to restrict any more activity and do some manual cleanups afterwards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events