how to propagate a field value to sub-tasks

Susan Kraft-Yorke January 13, 2016

How can I get the field value in Epic to automatically populate the children tickets?

It seems it could be something I could add a Post-Function to the Resolution transition:

• I've tried using "The value of field Type of work will be copied to the issues linked to the current issue by the has (or is) Epic link type (replacing existing values)."

As a follow-on to this question:
how can I automate the Epic starting progress when one of the children tasks moves from open into an active state.

1 answer

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Hi Susan,

You can implement both behaviors using JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on.

Populate Field in Children Tickets (Stories)

To do it you should insert "Write field on linked issues or subtasks" in transition "Resolve Issue" of your Epic's workflow, using the following configuration:

Captura de pantalla 2016-01-14 a las 15.20.20.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-01-14 a las 15.22.56.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-01-14 a las 15.23.07.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-01-14 a las 15.23.34.png

Make Epic start progress when one a children task moves from open into an active state

To do it you should insert "Write field on linked issues or subtasks" in all the transitions in your children subtask's workflows that moves issues from Open status to active statuses. Use the following configuration:

conf-0.png

conf-1.png

conf-2.png

conf-3.png

conf-4.png

Regards,

Fidel

Susan Kraft-Yorke January 14, 2016

Fidel, Thank you for the Add-On suggestion. This looks like it should work beautifully! - Susan

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hi Susan, I have just updated the screenshots, since, mistakenly, I repeated the same screenshots in both use cases.

Susan Kraft-Yorke January 14, 2016

Great - Thanks for the update :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events