how to make a custom field invisible on issue screen and visible at configure fields screen

prasanthi padmasale November 10, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

Under Administration? You cannot do it without hacking the code. Admins can see all the fields available and add it to issue screens.

prasanthi padmasale November 10, 2016

Hi Jobin,

Thank you very much for the reply.

But I have a custom field(Lablel) and I am updating some value to it based on updates to the issue.

And I don't want this field visible to user on the issue screen, so I am hiding it through field configurations.But from where can I check the updated value of this custom field.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2016

If you hide it in field configuration, it is hidden everywhere. Instead, remove it only from the Create & Edit screens and show it on the View screen. You can do this by defining different screens for each issue operation under screen schemes.

Suggest an answer