how to get the key of a linked issue in the email body when you use "Send custom email" script post-function

mel vega March 2, 2016

Hi,

I want to use a "send custom email" post-function with script runner. In the body of my email, I would like to get the issue key of eventual linked issue.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

Melissa

3 answers

1 vote
Guy Anela January 3, 2018

I used the following code in the "Email template" section. It loops through the Linked Issues and builds out a list of linked issues (Please excuse the code as I don't claim to be a developer by any means :)).

I hope this helps.  ...Cheers!

<b>Linked Issues:</b> <br>

<ul>
<%

def outwardlinks = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())
def inwardlinks = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getInwardLinks(issue.getId())
def oCounter=0
def iCounter=0

// Check for Outward Links...
if (outwardlinks)

for (id in outwardlinks) {
def linkedissueKey = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(outwardlinks[oCounter].destinationId).key
def linkedissueSummary = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(outwardlinks[oCounter].destinationId).summary
def linkedissueStatus = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(outwardlinks[oCounter].destinationId).status.name

out << "<li><a href='https://jira.domain.com/browse/"+linkedissueKey+"'>"+linkedissueKey+"</a> "
out << "("+linkedissueStatus+"):"
out << linkedissueSummary+"</li><br>"

oCounter ++
}

// Check for Inward Links...
if (inwardlinks)

for (id in inwardlinks) {
def linkedissueKey = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(inwardlinks[iCounter].sourceId).key
def linkedissueSummary = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(inwardlinks[iCounter].sourceId).summary
def linkedissueStatus = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(inwardlinks[iCounter].sourceId).status.name

out << "<li><a href='https://jira.domain.com/browse/"+linkedissueKey+"'>"+linkedissueKey+"</a> "
out << "("+linkedissueStatus+"):"
out << linkedissueSummary+"</li><br>"

iCounter ++
}

%>

</ul>

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

What does "eventual linked issue" actually mean? This can be quite complex.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

You can get all linked issues like this

ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())
mel vega March 3, 2016

Hi both, @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] @Vasiliy Zverev

thanks for your answer. Do not pay attention to the "eventual" liked issues. sorry it was confusing and does not matter.

here is my email and what I tried to show the linked issue reference thanks to Vasiliy's comment: (send custom email post-function script). But it returned into a script error. Any ideas? thanks for your help

<p>Dear all,</p>

<p>For your information, this NPC study has been reviewed with your teams. Please find attached the detailed Impact Analysis.</p> <p>You can also log in directly our tool JIRA: <a> "https://aptp-alm.accenture.com/jira/browse/$issue.key"</a></p>

<p>Summary: ${issue.summary}</p>

<p>Description: ${issue.description}*</p>

<p>SCOPE restriction:</p>

<p>CAP volume:</p>

<p>First trade planned:</p>

<p>IT development:</p>

<p><% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(componentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager().getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())%></p>

<p>Best Regards,</p>

<p>NPC team

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2016

Can you remove the "issue.getCustomFieldValue", not sure why you have that.

Suggest an answer