how to find tasks added to sprint after it started & bugs added to an EPIC

Megha Malhotra June 30, 2016

i am running 6.0.8 version and I want do two tasks:

1)  How to find items (everyday) which are being added to sprint, run a report or something

2) Trying to gather a list of all the bugs which are associated to an EPIC

I tried bunch of diff options, looked through the our JIRA admin page (i just took over the role) we have the scriptrunner plugin installed but i cant only see few functions been added there.

I am new at this(complex queries) any help would be appreciated.

thanks

4 answers

1 vote
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

For 1) you can look at the Sprint Report where you'll see all stories added after the sprint started.

For 2) all bugs associated with an Epic are shown in the "Issue In Epic" panel when you open the epic. You can also write a filter using Script Runner's linkedIssuesOf function - see here. Let me know if you need more help with that.

If you want a better separation and visualization of bugs and stories in an epic than what is provided out of the box by the "Issues in Epic" panel, you can use the Issue Matrix add-on. Check out the Epic mode.

0 votes
Chris Rees June 12, 2019

Vote for JSWSERVER-20097 to have this built into JIRA Server, or JSWCLOUD-16523 for JIRA Cloud, by default.

0 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2016

OK, so you need JQL.

For 1) You can't do this out of the box with JIRA, but you can use Script Runner's JQL function addedAfterSprintStart. So your query would look something like:

issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("Board name") AND Team in (bla,bla,bla)

You don't need to filter on the project, as the function is board-centric.

For 2) Again the best approach is to use the Script Runner built-in function linkedIssuesOf:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issue = <issue key>", "is Epic of") and type = Bug

Replace <issue key> with the key of the given epic. You can modify the subquery (the first argument to the linkedIssuesOf function) if you want to include more epics, or epics from a specific sprint. You can further extend the JQL and add more conditions on fixVersion for example.

Megha Malhotra July 1, 2016

Thanks a lot Peter, after doing lot of googling turns out Scriptrunner is my friend so i looked in our add-ons, we do have the scriptrunner installed(i think paid one) but it only has like 10 functions in it(which I am assuming came with the plugin), functions which you suggested are not on the list. So do I have to manually write them or add them first i think?

Megha

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2016

Which version do you have installed? How did you know which functions are there? I suggest you upgrade to the latest version - these functions should definitely be there. I suggest you actually try them with JQL.

Michelle Clements January 9, 2018

Are these functions for Scriptrunner available on the cloud version for the cloud version of Jira?

Hi, I am trying to use the command as issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("xx board", "BLD Sprint xx") and getting a error message as Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it..

Could you please suggest?

0 votes
Megha Malhotra July 1, 2016

hey Petar

Thanks for your answers:

1) For this we want to get a warning or alert when people add items after the sprint already started so I want to run a query and add a subscription to it or add it to my dashboard. I wrote this 

project in (XX, "YY") AND created > -1d AND sprint = openSprints() AND Team in (bla,bla,bla) 

But this would only give me stuff which got created day-1 and then added to the sprint.

2) for this one too need to query to run a report on all the bugs being logged for an epic for a particular release

I tried a lot of diff ways to run this query, cant really get what I want. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Megha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events