how to find all issues i am watching

danchisholm February 2, 2017

i'm doing my best to find a way to bulk stop watching all issues i currently am a watcher on.  can't find an easy answer unless i'm a java coder or a wizard level 19.  anyone able to help?

5 answers

1 accepted

117 votes
Answer accepted
Cruz Fernandez November 13, 2017

you can call a JIRA QL like this one:

watcher = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

To be able to find all those tickets with your watch. (I've clicked on all of them to unwatch manually though)

Sophie Hoepelman March 12, 2018

this worked!! thanks

Like # people like this
Joi Whetstone May 9, 2018

Thank you!!!

Like ronald_bergmann likes this
Chris Bruckner December 19, 2018

This worked perfectly, thank you!

Israel Huerta January 17, 2019

If I apply the command:

watcher = currentUser () AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

It shows all the incidents that I follow, what will be the command to apply to show the incidents that I do not follow?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

Try "watcher != currentUser() or watcher is empty"

Israel Huerta January 17, 2019

I did not succeed. It shows me a message that says:
"No incidents found that match the specified search criteria"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

Ok, let's break it up a bit.  What do you get from

• issuetype = incidents and resolution = Unresolved
  • issuetype = incidents and resolution = Unresolved and watcher = currentUser()
  • issuetype = incidents and resolution = Unresolved and watcher != currentUser()
  • issuetype = incidents and resolution = Unresolved and watcher is empty

Just the number of results for each is all we need. 

Like # people like this
ekrigulson March 18, 2019

It worked like a charm! 

Thanks!

minhhoan August 19, 2019

This worked, Thanks ! :)))

Susanne B December 9, 2019

works fine! Thanks!

Paul_Curtis March 12, 2020

Worked like a champ!

Juan Diego Flores June 23, 2020

Thanks! is it possible to add 2 different resolutions to filter by? I've playing around with"watcher in (currentUser()) AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC" with no success to have resolution Unresolved and Incomplete in the same query, pretty much I'm trying to filter all ACTIVE (only) issues I'm watching. Any input will be truly appreciate it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2020

You should not have a resolution of "incomplete" - the fact the resolution is there means that is is finished with - i.e. complete.  It's not open because you have resolved it.

Like # people like this
Damian Karp April 20, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

is it possible to search (using JQL) for all issues that are watched by user_xyz?

Thanks in advance!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2022

Name them in the query instead of using the currentuser() function.

Damian Karp April 20, 2022

That simple! Thanks a lot and sorry for a silly question, I was misled by the hint that returns only the currentuser() function for the watcher field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2022

Not a silly question!  We'd certainly not mentioned it in the earlier comments and answers on this question!

tom.price August 31, 2023

I copy and pasted the instructions and was left with this error?

Unable to parse the text 'watcher = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC' for field 'text'.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

That error message implies you are doing something with a field, not running an advanced search.  Have you copied and pasted just the

watcher = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC

into the advanced search

25 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2017

Try running a filter for

issue in watchedIssues()

Then, hit the "bulk edit" option in the navigator with a magic missile, and you'll find the option to add/remove watches.

(Note that both features are for higher level JIRA dungeons - 6.3 and above if memory serves)

Tim Oppenlander March 8, 2018

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed.

adampj August 11, 2020

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  this worked great for me!

Roman Richardson October 29, 2021

Rock star!  Thank you.

1 vote
Yasser_Abdallah November 19, 2019

watcher = currentUser()

0 votes
Amber Budden September 16, 2022

Follow up question:
I added watcher = currentUser() to my query and now the status!="Done" isn't working (I am getting completed issues. What went wrong?

I went from:

project = DivDS OR assignee = currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() AND status != "Done"

to:

project = DivDS OR assignee = currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser() OR watcher = currentUser() AND status != "Done"

0 votes
Mario Fanck October 6, 2020

Hi, what's the difference between "watcher != currentUser()" and "issue not in watchedIssues()". It gives me different results with the number of issues

Paul Mata October 27, 2020

The first query

watcher != currentUser()

does not return issues without a watcher, it will only return issues where there is at least one watcher, but you are not one of them.

watcher != currentUser OR watcher is EMPTY

AND

issue not in watchedIssues()

will return the same values because the second query returns all issues where you are not implicitly watching.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events