how to create a watcher access for a customer in JIRA?

ds July 14, 2016

I would like to have my customer to see some of the work that is made. However, they should not be able to change/modify anything. Is this possible in JIRA and how to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2016

Yes, but only in a broad sense.

If you use the special group "anyone" in the permission scheme for a project, you enable anonymous access, which means people can use the project without logging in.  That solves the problem, but there's a couple of big warnings on it

1.  Only use it for browse project (and maybe 'view workflow' if you want) - you absolutely do not want them changing anything, because you'll never know who did it.  They don't log in, so JIRA can't record them
  2. It's everything.  They can see all issues in the project.  Unless you use an issue security scheme to hide specific issues
  3. JIRA Service Desk treats customers differently - they log in, but can only see their own stuff, and in a limited way - this application may be well worth a look for you, but I don't know your processes well enough to judge it.

Suggest an answer