• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Jira Core Server
  • Questions
  • how to check what tasks team members are working on in a simple manner like asana - i want to just click on a team member name and see whats in their pipeline and assign tasks to users whose pipelines are getting depleted?

how to check what tasks team members are working on in a simple manner like asana - i want to just click on a team member name and see whats in their pipeline and assign tasks to users whose pipelines are getting depleted?

Sandeep Varma February 28, 2017

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2017

I don't think Asana does this in a "simple" way, it's a complete mess from what little I've seen of it.

The answer for JIRA depends on how you're using it.  JIRA Core is business oriented, with a lot of ways of seeing what users and teams are doing.  Software adds a load more.  Service Desk specifically implements queues for teams.  None of them do a "simple" user-is-doing-x because it's not really any use in isolation.

We need to know what your processes are, and how you're representing them in JIRA.

Sandeep Varma February 28, 2017

I've created epics and stories as part of the epics. The stories are assigned to different developers and I want an easy view to see work pipelines for each developer. In Asana, I could just select a user and see what their pending tasks were with one click 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2017

Asana is still a mess because it can only answer one relatively useless question at a time.

Start with a search for the issues you are interested in, and include assignee in the results.  Have a look at the developers boards, look at the project reports, create a dashboard that shows you all the data overall.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events