how to change the status on linked ticket in jira on status change of original ticket

Darapu Rajesh Babu May 1, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

You will need to find or write code to do that (I'd do it in the script-runner add-on)

The most simple solution is a post-function added to the transition(s) that should trigger the change on a linked issue.  It will need to read over all the links, check the current status of the issues at the other end of the link, and then push them through the appropriate transitions if they need it.

Darapu Rajesh Babu May 5, 2016

Hi Nic,

I agree that by writing scripts I can resolve my issue. But I found one thing that one plugin "JIRA Misc Workflow Extension". Will this plugin be able to solve my issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

It does have a "transition linked issue" function.  I don't know if it will do what you want, but it is definitely worth testing to see if it's right for you.

Suggest an answer