how to change an in progress task to sub task

CodeworksukLtd December 14, 2017

There are a few isolated tasks which are related. Therefore, I want to make this into a sub-task and assign under a new task. How do I do that? 

Tried move task but doesnt help

2 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hi

I don't use Core, but I'm sure it's the same as the other Jiras. Click on the three dots (or More in older versions) at the top right hand side and there should be a menu item Convert to sub-task. it shouldn't make a difference which state it's currently in. You would only see this menu item if you have the correct permissions.

Thanks , that worked

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Go to the issue view and use the "more" menu (...) to select "convert to sub-task".  It will ask you what type you want to change it to, and what parent issue you want to move it under.

If you don't have that option in the menu, then your project "issue type scheme" does not have any sub-task types in it and/or "sub tasks" are disabled in global admin.

Thanks , that worked

Suggest an answer