how to avoid connecting to www.google.com

Swati Dandekar April 6, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016
Swati Dandekar April 15, 2016

After a little research through the code, I figured that this is caused by Google Visualization API used in several places within atlassian-JIRA as www.google.com/jsapi reference. Google TOS documentation indicates that this library may not be downloaded for local use. My JIRA installation has to be on an isolated network, therefore connecting to www.google.com is not an option. Is there another JS Visualization library that can be used?

I have already disabled Google Analytics as suggested in the JIRA documentation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2016

In what sense?  You could try not clicking on it for example!

Swati Dandekar April 7, 2016

My JIRA server installation is on an isolated network, cannot connect to the Internet. When I open the Dashboard or Projects or any Menu item, it takes a long time to bring up the screen and at the bottom of the browser, it says connecting to www.google.com. Is there some configuration that it is trying to connect to www.google.com?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events