how to auto assign an issue to a user on transition from one state to another

Hammad Ehtesham May 16, 2016

I have a 8 step workflow. Upon creation, the tickets are set to be auto-assigned to project leads. 

I want to assign the ticket to another user (a developer) when the project lead accepts the ticket. 

How can this be done?

2 answers

4 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

If it is a specific user, you can do this is a post function on the transition where the ticket is taken.

0 votes
Hammad Ehtesham May 16, 2016

Thank you for the reply. 

I already did that, here is what I did:

• I added the user I want to assign the ticket to as the "Assignable user" in project permissions
  • In project permissions I also had to add the Project Lead to whom the ticket is automatically assigned
  • When I test this, ticket is assigned automatically to the project lead on creation, which is fine. BUT the ticket is not assigned to the desired user when I move from open stage to the next. It stays assigned to the project lead 

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2016

So on the transition from Open to whatever the next status you are going to is, you're going to want to set a Post Function in the workflow and use the "Update Issue Field" option. You can set the assignee on issue to a specific user here automatically.

Suggest an answer