how to add default watcher in jira

Dibyajyoti Panda June 14, 2016

1 answer

2 votes
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

You can do it by setting up a notification scheme and selecting the users you want to watch a certain event for a certain issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-a-notification-scheme-802592629.html

Dibyajyoti Panda June 14, 2016

How do i do that for a specific project?  I want a particular user to be the watcher and he should be receiving  notification for every issue created for the project.. Moreover he is not the project lead. Now how do i proceed with this one.

Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

You can define a new role such as watcher and then assign people to it if you want them to watch every issue. Update the notification scheme so that the newly created role watcher receives notifications for all events. The project lead will be able to add/remove people from being watchers. You can then associate the project you want with the notification scheme. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events