how take count of mail queue in jira?

TUBA KILIC April 14, 2016

Hi,

I have a problem in sometimes in mail queue of JIRA. Mail is not sending without flush mail queue.

Problem is solving after restarting of JIRA . Therefore  I want to monitor of count of mail queue ? How can I take count of message of mail queue  or how can I monitor mail queue ?

2 answers

1 vote
John Pfotzer April 15, 2016

I have had that problem in the past. I had to do a lot of maintenance type things. the single issue that helped it the most was to monitor all my users. At the time I came in a lot of folks left the company, contractors and employees.

Their accounts were still active, but they were gone. It slowed down mail delivery awful. As I cleaned up the users I noticed it ran fast and faster with much less errors. NOW that I have my users all cleaned up by backlog hardly goes past 10 messages. I used to have 700 messages in my backlog.

In cleaning up your users, remember to "de-activate" them, not delete them, you must remove all the groups they belonged to, or they still count as a active user in your license count.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

That's stirred a memory - that is something very high on the list of things that might be causing a problem!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

If the mail queue is jamming up, you need to work out why and fix that.  Monitoring and flushing it is "plastering over the cracks".

What does the log say when the queue stops running?  Are there mail server errors?  (In some cases, "can't connect to mail server" can cause it to stop dead).  Have you enabled mail debugging to see what is happening in detail?

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

Thats Correct but is there any possibility  way to monitor the email queue count, So that we can aware that how mail queue is performing.

Example, setting up the threshold value to mailq count as 100, if its breeches that count, admin team should notified.

Suggest an answer