how often does JIRA auto backup?

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2017

I want to know how often does JIRA backup using the auto backup feature. I had a system crash once in the middle of a workday and when I tried restoring data using my backup. I lost all of my data from that morning.

Also, how fast/slow is the backup?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafael Corredor March 20, 2017

Hi,

You can check your current configuration in: /secure/admin/ViewServices!default.jspa

It allows different options, even a backup every 15 minutes!!!

A backup only takes a few minutes (in a "standard"/not huge instance).

Obviously, you should take into consideration the space used for each backup file, and possible slow performance during backup process.

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2017

What would be considered a "standard" instance?

Rafael Corredor March 22, 2017

Hi,

Something between Mid-scale and Large-scale: https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-sizing-guide-461504623.html

Anyway, my recommendation is to test backup process in your instance to have accurate times.

Suggest an answer