how do i extract list of issues for a release

dilipkumar kodali January 6, 2016

I wanted to know the procedure/query to extract the list of all tickets in a release from JIRA

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2016

There's a "Release Notes" feature in JIRA that you can use (that if you are using the JIRA "Versions" field and your JIRA Version). Go to your Project Overview page (e.g. jira.web.att.com/browse/MYPROJECT) then click on the Versions tab. From there, pick a version that you need to create a release notes for then click on the "Release Notes" button. IMHO, this is a half-baked feature but maybe you can use it smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Yeah, "release notes" are one of two things that Atlassian actively suggest you hack the code for - from what I've heard, they couldn't work out a way to make release notes flexible enough for all the use cases they wanted to cover, so they gave up and said "here's some basic stuff you can export as text/html, and here's a doc on how to hack the templates to suit yourself" If you're going to use release notes, then you have to define a "release" by using FixVersion as Atlassian intend. We don't know what you're using (yet)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Create a filter for the release, run it and do what you need with the results.

I'm afraid there's not much more we can tell you - you haven't told us how you are defining a "release", how you are logging that on the issues, or what you want out of the extract.

Suggest an answer