how do i extract list of issues for a release

I wanted to know the procedure/query to extract the list of all tickets in a release from JIRA

2 answers

There's a "Release Notes" feature in JIRA that you can use (that if you are using the JIRA "Versions" field and your JIRA Version). Go to your Project Overview page (e.g. jira.web.att.com/browse/MYPROJECT) then click on the Versions tab. From there, pick a version that you need to create a release notes for then click on the "Release Notes" button. IMHO, this is a half-baked feature but maybe you can use it smile

Yeah, "release notes" are one of two things that Atlassian actively suggest you hack the code for - from what I've heard, they couldn't work out a way to make release notes flexible enough for all the use cases they wanted to cover, so they gave up and said "here's some basic stuff you can export as text/html, and here's a doc on how to hack the templates to suit yourself" If you're going to use release notes, then you have to define a "release" by using FixVersion as Atlassian intend. We don't know what you're using (yet)

0 votes

Create a filter for the release, run it and do what you need with the results.

I'm afraid there's not much more we can tell you - you haven't told us how you are defining a "release", how you are logging that on the issues, or what you want out of the extract.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

246 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot