how do I generate an email 1 day after a status change?

Matt D December 1, 2015

Is it possible to generate an email to remind a user to follow up an update, 1 day after a user has changed the status of an issue at a certain point in the workflow.

I'm new to JIRA so would really appreciate some good pointers. My initial feeling is that this may be best achieved by querying the database directly - but I'd rather keep it in the product if there is a practical solution.

thanks in advance.

Matt

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

You can create a filter specific to the change you are looking for and set up a subscription to fire an email based on the parameters you set for it. 

Matt D December 2, 2015

Thanks for the suggestion and the immediate response James. This is now "with the test team". Would have commented yesterday, but was blocked as i didn't have enough points.

Matt D December 9, 2015

Hi James, I've made a public filter that addresses the users requirements. Is there a way of creating a subscription that will only generate an email to the person that an issue is assigned to? The business would rather not get every user to subscribe themselves to the filter for fairly obvious reasons.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

You can explicitly subscribe users to your filters.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2015

Take a look at the JIRA Subscriptions which I think is exactly what you need smile

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/receiving-search-results-via-email-185729664.html

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2015

Are you using JIRA Server or JIRA cloud? (for JIRA cloud there is an option to use Jirassimo. JIRA notifications and emails add-on, you can schedule "reminders")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events