how do I compare now() to a static date?

Cash Coyne October 6, 2016

I want to have a filter show results if today is within a specific date, something like:

project = "MyProject" and assignee = me@mine.com AND now() > "2016/10/10"

if I had this snippet in my filter, then:

• on Oct 10,2016 and before, the filter would return nothing
  • after Oct 10,2016 the filter would return all issues currently assigned to me.

How can I do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2016

Hi Cash,

I am trying very hard to understand what it is you are actually trying to do here. You can use a few advanced JQL keywords to add some history capabilities to your search like:

Project = "MyProject" and assignee = CurrentUser() and assignee changed to CurrentUser() after StartOfMonth()

This should give you a list of issues currently assigned to the current user and that have been assigned to the current user since the beginning of the month. I purposely used a few functions, but you can of course replace CurrentUser() with any specific user and StartOfMonth() with a specific date.

The thing is, this is history. StartOfMonth() is in the past and the keyword 'Changed to' also refers to the same past. In your description you are actually hinting towards a date that is in the future.

I am guessing here, but if you want to find a list of issues that matter to you as an assignee in the future, maybe consider working around the time dimension in a different way. You might consider date fields (start date, due date, some other date) to get things organised and easy to query.

Or maybe the above suggestion might put you in closer to your goal already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events