how can i see who has mentioned me on my jira dashboard?

Armaan Huq February 21, 2018

i get so many emails from jira that i sometimes end up missing comments where i have been @mentioned. i'd like to create a view on my dashboard that shows all of the times i have been mentioned so that i don't miss any more questions/comments. please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

13 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Hi,

You can create a filter like this: (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) and updatedDate >= -7d

and then show that filter with the filter gadget on your dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Armaan Huq February 26, 2018

yes that worked perfectly! thank you!

Merete Aarøy July 8, 2021

Thanks!!

Madeline Stevens July 30, 2021

Hello, 

I'm new to Jira and having trouble getting this to work. Do you add the persons name in place of currentUser in the query above and still include the parentheses?

Thank you

yunqi shen February 24, 2022

Good job, Laurens!

yunqi shen February 24, 2022

@Madeline Stevens Paste the entire query as it is into the advanced search bar.

Like Selina Misteli likes this
Glen Callegari March 11, 2022

That's brilliant Laurens, thanks. 

akash31 July 14, 2022
0 votes
Paul Andrews August 1, 2022

I use this as a Quick Filter on sprint boards.

It shows all issues in the current sprint that have not been completed (we have "Dev Done" as well as "Done" statuses) where the user has been mentioned in a comment.

comment ~ currentUser() AND sprint in openSprints() AND status NOT IN ("Dev Done",Done)

0 votes
Brenna Armon February 12, 2020

Trying to use this in the advanced search and I'm not able to get any results.  Is that query still relevant?

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2020

Should be still relevant, do you get any error?

Like Natalie Kulla likes this
Brenna Armon February 13, 2020

Thank you for your response!! I do not get an error... I just get no results even though I am definitely mentioned in several comments. 

I've tried using just:  comment ~ currentUser() and that's not giving me results either.

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2020

Is this a server or cloud instance?

Maybe this is a cloud limitation

Brenna Armon February 14, 2020

We are cloud based... why would there be different functionality based on host?

Mike Larsen (AgC) March 26, 2020

I'm finding as an admin I get results with the following JQL. Other non-admin users get no results.

comment ~ currentuser() ORDER BY updated DESC