how can i get the each status counts?

i want to get the each status counts.

for example, from the below json, i can get the total number

but i want to know the each status counts. (open : ??ea, In Progress : ??ea, Closed : ??ea, etc..)

{

• "expand":"schema,names",
  • "startAt":100,
  • "maxResults":50,
  • "total":6625,
  • "issues":[
  • ~~~~~~~~~
  • ]
  • }

4 answers

1 accepted

Here's one a bit "hacky" solution:

Call the two dimentional filter statistics gadget REST endpoint with the proper parameters and parse the result. Here's a sample URL:

rest/gadget/1.0/twodimensionalfilterstats/generate?filterId=filter-11604&xstattype=statuses&ystattype=statuses&sortDirection=asc&sortBy=natural&numberToShow=5')

Where filter-11604 is the a filter you created that has the JQL you need i.e. componentMatch(~~~~~~)

shall i create the filter?

"~~~~~" are changable values. So i can't register the filter with the certain value

You need to have a filter, so this might not work for you then. You can try implementing a REST endpoint which returns the results you need. To do that you can write a plugin using JAVA or write a scripted REST endpoint using Script Runner

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/rest-endpoints.html

Are you trying to get these from a script which calls the REST API ? Or you just need to see this information somewhere, because you can see this on a dashboard.

i use REST API, rest/api/2/search?jql=component in componentMatch(~~~~~~)&fields=key,summary,status&maxResults=500

I don't think you can achieve that using the JIRA REST API with just 1 REST call. You have to make separate call for each status (include the status in the jql query). 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

56 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot