how can i browse the JIRA log to see changes made to a Status using the Cloud product

Anthony Bouttell September 7, 2016

Like previous users we too have had some one making changes to status fields. How does one view log files when using the cloud product.

4 answers

0 votes
Mark Kern [SaaSJet] May 8, 2019

Hi @Anthony Bouttel 

Using "Issue History" for Jira Cloud you can get a report of all changes at the workflow.
Also, add-on saves information about dates/time when an issue comes from one status to others. Additionally, users can customise a grid using filters and columns.

Let me know if this works for you.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2016

There is an "audit log" but I do not believe changes to individual Statuses or the Priority/Resolution fields are logged yet. It's still 'in progress' as it were.

0 votes
Anthony Bouttell September 7, 2016

In our case no changes were recorded in any of the activity logs. Either at the time of the initial change, or when I renamed the status back to what it used to be.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2016

You don't get access to log files on Cloud.  However, for this case, they wouldn't tell you anything anyway.  Applicatioon logs are for telling you what the code is doing, and access logs are for what pages are hit by whom, they're not for tracking application data activity.

Status isn't really a "field", it's an indicator of position in a workflow.  All status changes are captured though, and they really do simply appear in the history of an issue.  If someone (or something) changes a status, the issue history will record who, what and when at the very least.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events