how can admin add themselves as users

Karl Ko May 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage users and groups

I am currently the admin - I signed up and established the JIRA cloud instance but I also want to be a user (login, create, edit issues as a user and not admin.)

I tried simply creating a user with a different login but the same email - wasn't allowed. Is it possible to create a user with the same email address but a different login? What is the recommended practice?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

Most of us don't have dual accounts - we log in as a user who is in the jira-users group, and also in the admin groups.  When we need to do admin work, we hit the admin menus and JIRA will then do a "websudo" prompt for further authorisation.

Your right to do system admin has no effect or interaction with the issues or projects (and I recommend not using the admin groups in any permissions so that it remains an admin privililge).  It really is just the right to do admin stuff.

Karl Ko May 18, 2016

I see. Thank you.

My main concern was that when I added issues, I was showing up as Karl[Administrator]. I realized that I could change they name displayed and login as well. All is good now.

Suggest an answer