how can I delete project template and create my own ones?

Uwe Nachtigal November 5, 2015

In Standard JIRA there are some project templates to create new projects. They are in my case not very helpful.

So I have created and modified my own project. But creating a new project I can't select that template. Instead I have to use the default JIRA templates.

How can I delete or disable these templates and show my own templates, so that another Jira-Developer creates a new project with the correct template instead of using a default one with a wrong behavior (workflow, etc...)?

Thanks for your help in advanced

Uwe

1 answer

0 votes
Danny Shave November 5, 2015

Hi Uwe,

out-of-the-box JIRA does not provide a feature to configure the project types available in the 'Create Project" dialog.

One option is to create your own plugin. The following tutorial describes how to do this for JIRA 6.0.7 and later (afaik this tutorial does not work for JIRA 7)https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template

Another option may be one of the plugins in the Atlassian marketplace. There are some plugins that seem to provide project template handling. Just search for 'JIRA project template' there.

Regarding disabling the default project templates that come with JIRA, the only way I know of is deactivating the plugin-modules in the Add-On administration.

Example:

disabled-project-templates.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events