how can I configure default value for "fix version"

jane chen March 12, 2017

we've setup a few versions in JIRA project configuration.

how can I setup default "fix version" when creating issue?

thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Through JIRA configuration, you may create a post function on the Create transition of a given Issue Type that sets the Fix Version field, but you must specify a set value and it will apply everywhere for that Issue Type or at least Projects configured to utilize that issue type scheme.

If you do not wish to use the Fix Version field for whatever reason, you can remove the field from your configuration and screens. To be honest, I thought JIRA Core excluded this field by default...

jane chen March 13, 2017

appreciate your answer! I will try.

Eugenio Jose Martinez Ramos December 1, 2017

I could not set a value to the fix version field since it does not appear as an option in the post function fields.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2017

I can see it under "update field" when choosing a post function.

Samuel Bar February 18, 2018

Hi, I am trying to find this option but I cannot see it available in "Update Issue Field" or "Update Issue Custom Field".

appreciate your comments and help

Frederick T June 6, 2018

I am trying to do the same thing and don't see the field.

Daniel Ebel July 1, 2022

Same for me. "Fix version" is not showing up in "Update Issue Field" (or "Update Issue Custom Field").

Like jane chen likes this
2 votes
Sasa Stojakovic May 27, 2019

Hello,

My response is probably coming late but I would like to share my workaround.

I simply created a custom field which is based on values provided in Version (Project Settings), I created a context for this field related to the project and there I was able to define a default value for this custom field. A the end I just copy value from this field to fixVersion field during issue creation transition. I used a plug-in workflow post function but it is may available in native Jira post-functions.

No code required and works fine!!

jane chen May 27, 2019
Thanks for the answer! the solution sounds nice.
0 votes
Kevin Maes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2024

Also extremely late, but I don't understand why you would want a default on the fixversion. You don't know when it will be fixed.
I guess you would like to set a default 'affects version' being the latest released version

Suggest an answer