filters and subprojects

M. Haezeleer November 7, 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to move from another Bugtracker (Track+) to JIRA. In this other Bugtracker we have so called "rooms" instead of projects. And these rooms can have subrooms. These subrooms would be seperate projects in JIRA, but the subroom structure has one advantage: the filter. When I'm searching for issues in a room, I find all its issues AND all issues from sub (and sub-sub, ...) rooms. Filtering by a subroom doesn't show issues from the

("parent-") room.

I know there isn't such a thing like subprojects in JIRA. But what I'm trying to do is to find a solution for the filter problem. Of course I could filter by projects with a logical AND, but that would decrease the usability of the filter drastically, because we're using the subroom-structure quite extensive.

I even thought of defining some fields on the issue level or combine some projects in project categories, but nothing seems to fit very well, because of the depth of the subroom-structure (many subrooms with many sub-subrooms ...)

I'm thankful for every advice.

Best regards,

Max

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

Perhaps you should look at Structure plugin.

Giancarlo Petrozzi August 22, 2017

please, could you show me what is this structure plugin?? do you have the link?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events