error in jira migration

sa ade June 21, 2016

Hi all

i want to migrate from JIRA 4.4  to new version of JIRA 7.1.4.

" your data contains JIRA Agile data from a previous version that is not compatible for import. Please upgrade to JIRA Agile 6.7 first and try again" is shown in order to restore the backup.

for a while  I used greenhopper  in lab mode to create scrum board and some issues. then uninstalled. it caused the following error during restoring the backup.

i also delete all Issue Types and Custom Fields related to greenhopper but the problem is not solved yet.

please help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2016

4.4 to 7 is a long way off a recommended upgrade path.

You should upgrade to 5.2, then 6.4 probably, taking the relevant JIRA Agile upgrade with each step.  You'll then find you can upgrade.

sa ade June 21, 2016

thank you

but is it possible to delete greenhopper and all side effect related on ? 

i do not need JIRA agile. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2016

You can, although your Agile data will persist in some formats (won't be visible or editable, so don't worry about it)

It might cause you problems during upgrades though - I would disable it while doing the upgrades to 6.4 and then when you go from 6 to 7, just download JIRA Core 7, without Software.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events