eazybi - sum child cells values

Pablo Scheri September 3, 2016

Hi, I am making some calculations based on days in specific status for issues inside projects. What I am trying to do, is to sum up all the values of the child issues in the corresponding project cell as it's happening with System fields like "Transitions to status" for my calculated field "Days in transition status until now".

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Pablo.

2016-09-03_11-46-32.png

3 answers

0 votes
Pablo Scheri September 6, 2016

I was referring to hierarchical level, Project > Issue.

I receive a perfect solution for my question from EazyBI Support, if it is useful for someone, this is the calculation:

CASE WHEN
  [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Level.Name = "Issue"
THEN 
  IIF(  
   [Measures].[Transitions to status] = [Measures].[Transitions from status],
   [Measures].[Days in transition status], 
   [Measures].[Days in transition status] + DateDiffDays([Measures].[Transition to status last date], Now())
  ) 
ELSE 
  Sum(
   Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    [Measures].[Transitions to status]>0),
   IIF(  
    [Measures].[Transitions to status] = [Measures].[Transitions from status],
    [Measures].[Days in transition status], 
    [Measures].[Days in transition status] + DateDiffDays([Measures].[Transition to status last date], Now())
   )       
  )
END
0 votes
JIRA_USER September 6, 2016

Question, when you say Child Issue, how are you creating child issue(Bug) to another project? Could you please give me some insight?

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2016

Hi Pablo,

Standard measure "Days in transition status" sums up values from a lower level to a higher (measure "Days in transition status" is calculated only for issues that have been transited from the status).

The behavior of each calculated measure depends on how the particular calculation is written - for example, if some issue property is used for a calculation, then the value would be shown only at the issue level unless the Sum function to Descendant set would be applied for summing up Issue values to Project or All issues level.

Please share to support@eazybi.com the calculation formula of "Days in transition status until now" to understand why this particular measure does not give results you are looking for. Also, which dimension is used in rows? 

Ilze, 

eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events