eazyBI - Reports using JIRA user groups

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Hello, 

Following reading the article https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Reports+using+JIRA+user+groups I was wondering if it's possible to get the same result for not just system fields, like Assignee / Reporter etc., but custom user fields? 

Based on the code, I've used something similar when creating a new calculated measure under the custom field, but don't get any results back 

Aggregate(
  Filter([customfieldX].[customfieldX].Members,
    CoalesceEmpty([customfieldX].CurrentMember.get('Groups'), '') 
    MATCHES '.*(^|,)implementation($|,).*'
  )
)

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Young April 28, 2017

Hi Peter, 

Today I have the same isse and don't know how to resolve it (sad...)

eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2017

Hi Peter,

Could you please share more details and screenshots on your question to our support?

Martins/support@eazybi.com

Best regards,

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2016

Hi Peter,

For most of the system fields eazyBI import also available properties from JIRA. In this example "Groups" is user field imported property, that is later used in Aggregated calculated member.

For custom fields eazyBI imports only Key and Name, so there is no such property "Groups" imported which you try to use in your Aggregate.

One option would be importing additional properties (for example "Groups") from additional external data source file (excel, csv) for this new custom field

If it is not the case, could you please share more details and the business case to support@eazybi.com!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2016

Hi Martins, thanks for the answer. 

I'll try your suggestion but wanted to make sure that there is not way to use the already imported Groups property from JIRA's system fields with values (either name or id) of a custom field. 

Since we are talking about the same set users which can be used in either case, it sounds that maybe there could be some kind of link (maybe casting the value from the custom field to a JIRA system value, then checking if it's part of that group). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events