[eazyBI] Aggregation members count

Jerome Renaud December 9, 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to calculate a simple ratio (maintenance time spent per developer) so I've aggregated by "Logged By" dimension and I'm trying to get the item count for this aggregation.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Hi Jerome,

If you have a Logged by calculated member named 'aggregated member', then with following formula in Measures dimension, you can count how many members are in that calculated member 

Count(
  ChildrenSet([Logged by].[aggregated member])
)

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this!
Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Jerome Renaud December 10, 2015

Hi Lauma, Glad your're back :) It works fine if I have only one level of aggregation, here I have two levels like this: Team A |____ Project Managers |____ Developers |____ QA

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

thanks :) Do I understand correctly that you have the Logged by dimension on rows? To see how many members re in each of the aggregated members, you can use following formula NonZero(Count( ChildrenSet([Logged by].CurrentMember) ))

Jerome Renaud December 10, 2015

Almost :) I'm sending you the report definition but I've something like this for my "logged by" aggregation: - Team A | __ Devs | |_ Robert | |_ Alice | |.... |_ PMs |_ Mark |_ Gwen + Team B + Team C Off course in my report the Team A is not "expended" (drilled into). I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks for your help!

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2015

Thank you for the explanation! I understand it now and also sent reply to your e-mail. Shortly, you can use the CascadingChildrenSet(..) function (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/CascadingChildrenSet) instead NonZero(Count( Generate(CascadingChildrenSet([Logged by].CurrentMember), [Logged by].CurrentMember) ))

0 votes
Jerome Renaud December 11, 2015

Works perfectly with

NonZero(Count(
 Generate(CascadingChildrenSet([Logged by].CurrentMember), 
   [Logged by].CurrentMember)
))

Suggest an answer