double authentication

lkrpoun_home March 20, 2017

Hi, 

I am looking into securing the user authentication. I saw two layer authentication can be implemented with bitbucket. Can we have the same with JIRA?

Any type of double authentication is ok with me. 

Regards, 

Laurence

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Hi Laurence,

Intenso has written a quite recent post on the subject recently.

https://www.intenso-group.com/en/how-to-implement-two-factor-authentication-2fa-in-atlassian-apps/

Br, Niclas

0 votes
Titus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Laurence,

you can use the add-ons provided by SecSign Inc. to enable two-factor authentication at Confluence (or JIRA or Atlassian Crowd).

The solution of SecSign does not depend on additional hardware like usb tokens. You use your smartphone as second factor. Therefor the solution by SecSign is a true 2-factor authentication and a 2-channel authentication as well.

The add-ons provided by SecSign Inc. can be found at:

2FA add-on for JIRA by SecSign

SecSign 2FA add-on for Confluence

SecSign 2FA add-on for Atlassian Crowd

Information about the installation process and the login procedure can be found at:

SecSign ID JIRA tutorial

SecSign ID Confluence tutorial

SecSign ID Crowd tutorial

Cheers,

Titus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events