disable specific changes

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2016

Hi 

When analyzing a snapshot before deploying, I found a couple of changes which I would rather not do, such as changing the icons of an issuetype, ...

It is strange that these changes are carried over as the issuetype is not part of an issuetypescheme linked to the project being transferred

What's the best way to disable these type of changes.

Francis

1 answer

0 votes
George Dinkov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

Hi Francis,

CMJ's project snapshot includes only configuration objects related to a selected project, i.e. the project's schemes, the workflows referenced by these schemes, screens, custom fields, statuses, issue types etc. This means that if an issue type is included in the snapshot it is referenced by some other configuration objects. Issue types can be referenced not only by issue type schemes but also by workflows, issue type screen schemes.

Currently there isn't a way to selectively deploy only parts of the snapshot - this is generally a complex problem because any configuration objects may be referenced by many others and removing an object may result in a broken configuration if not properly handled. However we plan to provide features for solving such use cases in the future.

In order to resolve your problem you can inspect the current configuration to see where the issue types are referenced and remove them.

You can also email us at support@botronsoft.com and send us the snapshot so we can help you find all configurations that reference the problematic issue types.

Thanks,

George

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events