deleting users

Jill Pass October 17, 2019

I user Jira Core, but I can't figure out how to delete users who have left the company and rename users whose name has changed.

1 answer

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Deactivating Users is a better option.

So, how do I do that ?

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

If you are a JIRA Administrator with Admin Permissions ( not Project Admin ) - you can browse over to the admin console - select User Management , look for thr user and disable the user.

Unfortunately, this is not shown as an option.  I am an administrator.

A few of the users have an 'edit' option under actions which allows me to deactivate, but the majority just have 3 dots which let you 'edit user groups' and 'view project roles'.

It is a number of these users that I wish to deactivate or delete.

I need to do this to provide licences for some other staff by removing it from some staff who no longer use the system.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

Jill - I guess you have two types of users .

1) Internal JIRA Directory Users - you have the ability to edit and deactivate them.

2) External Directory Users - your organization may  be using an active directory which is used for user management, which does not have those dots.

You might want to contact admins who administer your active directory.

Hello

Thanks for your help, I have now removed the person from the AD group and they have been disabled in JIRA,  just what I needed in this instance.

But, is there a way of making an external user into an internal user

Suggest an answer